Ashley Vitali’s diverse educational background gives her unique insight as an Associate at TTL Health Law.
In her second year of a Bachelor of Medical Sciences program, Ashley realized that, despite her strong interest in medical sciences, a career in medicine was not the path for her. It also did not help that she was afraid of needles.
Supported by an Entrance Scholarship for Academic Achievement, she excelled at the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario, earning her place on the Dean’s Honour List at graduation.
Osgoode Hall Law School at York University was next, where Ashley found herself drawn to any studies that included a medical or science component. Called to the Bar in June 2018, she sought out opportunities to incorporate the field of health into her legal practice, leading to her Associate position at TTL Health Law.
In her day-to-day work, Ashley draws on her medical and business studies to better understand the issues that physicians, nurses and other health-care professionals encounter in their careers. She knows how debilitating it can be to have a medical career threatened, reinforced by the fact that her husband and sister are both doctors.
Since joining TTL at the start of 2021 Ashley has been involved in all aspects of helping to build cases for clients. That includes preparing disclosures, communicating with witnesses, corresponding with other parties involved in the legal action, and preparing cross-examination materials and working briefs.
Ashley is passionate about helping medical professionals navigate the legal issues they face so they can get their careers back on track.
- Ontario Bar, 2018
- J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 2017
- H.B.A, Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, 2013
- Completed 2 years of Bachelor of Medical Sciences program, University of Western Ontario, 2009 - 2011
- Denton’s Negotiation Competition Semi-Finalist, Osgoode Hall Law School – York University, 2015
- Recipient of Western Entrance Scholarship for academic achievement, University of Western Ontario, 2009
- Dean’s Honor List, University of Western Ontario, 2009 – 2011
- HBA Section 4 National Bank Case Competition Winner, University of Western Ontario, 2012
Articles, Books & Reports
Organizations & Professional Appointments
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association – Health Law Section & Information Technology and Intellectual Property Section
- Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
- National Health Law Association
- Woman’s Law Association of Ontario
- American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
- Community and Legal Aid Services Programme (CLASP), Intake Volunteer, 2014